We are a fast-growing accessibility technology company looking for a Staffing Coordinator. This role will start off as fully remote until offices reopen. The ideal candidate would be someone who enjoys personal networking, has great communication skills and has a strong interest in recruitment and human resources.
We are expanding our team as demand for our service is skyrocketing. If you are interested in being part of a successful startup technology business where you can make a positive impact in the lives of thousands of people every day – apply now!
InnoCaption provides free, real-time captioning of phone calls through a mobile app, available on both iOS and Android devices. Our service helps the deaf and hard of hearing community make and receive cell phone calls with confidence! Our technology provides users with a choice between captions generated by automated speech recognition software or live stenographers (highly trained court reporters).
InnoCaption is captioned phone service provider that is certified by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), which allows our service to be offered free of charge to eligible users.
For more information, visit innocaption.com or look for our app from your phone on either the Play Store or App Store.
The Staffing Coordinator’s initial scope of work will focus on recruitment and outreach, interview scheduling, and onboarding of our large independent contractor workforce (stenographers). The role will start off as fully remote and the physical office location is expected to be in Irvine CA when offices reopen. This is a full-time role reporting to the Operations Director.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Recruitment of stenographers (live captioners) through outreach to schools, publishing job postings, direct outreach via LinkedIn, etc.
- Manage inbound applications from candidates, provide responses to questions and coordinate interview schedules for relevant team members
- Coordinate training and onboarding processes such as background checks and contracts
- Leverage technology tools to drive efficiency, automation and clear communications
- Follow up with onboarded stenographers to make sure they are happy, motivated and help address any issues that may arise
- Work closely with the Operations Director to support various ongoing staff management needs
InnoCaption is a small, collaborative team where everyone rolls up their sleeves and gets things done, regardless of their function and title. There are opportunities to get creative and be exposed to other business areas depending on the interests of the candidate. You will also have ample opportunities to interact directly with senior executives of the Company.
- Responsible: you take ownership of projects and ensure goals are achieved without needing daily oversight
- Solution-oriented: you are resourceful and won’t rest until a problem is fixed
- Results-oriented: you want your work to make a direct impact on the business and the lives of our customers
- Collaborative: if there’s a complex issue that you can’t solve yourself, you’ll seek help from other team members
- Organized: you are detail-oriented and like things consistent and orderly
- Tech-savvy: we are a technology company and look to drive automation and efficiency throughout our business wherever possible
- Recruitment and HR: prior experience or strong interest in recruitment and human resources
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills – must be able to communicate with potential candidates in a clear and professional manner, as well as draft job postings
- Must have remote work location that is private and appropriate for work
- Ability to participate in virtual team meetings via video conference
- Valid US work authorization
- Willing to undergo basic background check
- Be part of a mission-driven team, helping the deaf and hard of hearing community!
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plan
- 401k retirement savings plan with generous employer match
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.