We are partnering with a generic pharmaceutical company in Carlsbad, CA to help identify a Laboratory Technician – Formulation to join the team on a part-time (20-25 hours per week) basis! This is the perfect position for a college student, or entry level candidate that is looking to gain industry experience. Our client is working towards becoming a US leader in generic injectable drugs while striving to make therapies more accessible through their development portfolio of high barrier products. The Company is presently in an early commercial stage, with aggressive growth anticipated.
The Laboratory Technician will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Preparing chemical solutions and test samples following instructions/procedures.
- Cleaning and handling all glassware in the lab, manually and by automated dishwasher.
- Stocking and organizing the lab area with glassware, general lab supplies, chemicals, active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), drug product samples, etc.
- Following standard operating procedures (SOPs) and maintaining safe laboratory and good documentation practices.
- Checking lab inventory routinely, creating purchase request approval sheets, and placing orders with vendors.
- Maintaining inventories (chemical, API, drug product, safety data sheet and others).
- Maintaining recorder charts in the lab and the data contents.
- Ensuring all lab equipment is working properly and performing minor instrumentation maintenance.
- Reporting problems, issues and unexpected observations in a timely manner.
- Meeting timelines and deadlines consistently.
- Disposing of the chemical waste as needed.
- Responsible for shipments including coordinating with internal team and working with shipping agencies.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific area.
- Minimum of one (1) year laboratory experience, including academia.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to understand and follow procedures dictated verbally and through written materials.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable acting as a self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Experience successfully working in a team environment and moving from task to task as needed.
- Meticulous record keeping, strong organization skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to set priorities, solve problems, and be resourceful under pressure.
- Commitment to honest and ethical behaviors.
- Ability to sit, stand and lift weight of up to 50 lbs.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.