The Institute for Defense Analyses (IDA) in La Jolla, CA has an immediate career opening for a Cyber Security Analyst I. This opening is located at IDA’s Center for Communications Research in La Jolla, California (CCR-L). IDA offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, and a superior professional working environment. To the right individual, IDA offers the opportunity to have a major impact on key national programs while working on fascinating technical issues.
We are seeking a Cyber Security Analyst I, who under general supervision, envisions, investigates computer and information security incidents to determine and resolve potential breaches and vulnerabilities; uses and maintains information security tools necessary to ensure the secure operation of IDA’s information system infrastructure; conducts compliance audits, in collaboration with other IT staff, that ensure compliance with information security policies and guidelines. #ITatIDA
1. Executes Information Security Monitoring:
- Monitors and analyzes information security alerts from network devices and information systems
- Responds and/or directs the response to information security incidents
- Analyzes indicators of compromise for use in detection
- Reports risk posture of information systems
- Collaborates with industry and government sponsors on new threat indicators
2. Supports Media Forensics and Malware Analysis:
- Forensic analysis of information systems and portable devices
- Forensic recovery of data using industry tools
- Behavioral analysis of malware to provide indicators for monitoring
3. Executes Information System Security Evaluation and Hardening:
- Evaluates new information security technologies
- Configures and implement information security technologies
- Validates system hardening and provides guidance for security configuration
- Evaluates network and system security configuration for risk based access control
4. Supports Information Security Training and Projects:
- Develops employee awareness training for relevant information security trends
- Evaluates information security trends, tools, and techniques for potential application to infrastructure and research areas
- Manages and/or contributes to information technology projects
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer security, or related discipline or equivalent experience in a related field.
- One year of experience in Information Technology.
- Possesses or ability to obtain within six months an information security certification commensurate with DoD Instruction 8570.
- Familiarity with the process of obtaining certification and accreditation of information systems preferred.
- Familiarity with vulnerability scanners, monitoring, auditing and intrusion detection systems, and forensic response preferred.
- Familiarity with notification of Internet threats, alerts, vulnerabilities, and anti-virus software preferred.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of employees.
U.S. Citizenship is required
Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required
Equal Opportunity Employer
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.