Intellisense Systems, Inc. innovates what seemed impossible. We are a fast-growing Southern California technology innovator that solves tough, mission-critical challenges for our customers in advanced military, law enforcement, and commercial markets. We design, develop, and manufacture novel technology solutions for ground, vehicle, maritime, and airborne applications. Our products have been deployed in every extreme environment on Earth!
We are seeking an Augmented Intelligence/Virtual Reality (AR/VR) Intern to join our Emerging Technologies Department. You will help in programming in development of a novel AR/VR product.
Interns at Intellisense will contribute towards meaningful projects from day one. While you are here, we hope to grow your skillsets, create lasting professional relationships with you, and have you contribute to solving what seemed impossible.
Intellisense’s 2023 Summer Internship is paid and includes:
- 8-12 weeks in duration (on-site in Torrance)
- 30-40 hours a week Monday-Thursday
- Available from early June through the end of August (if on quarter system, July through September)
- Open to rising Sophomores through Graduate Students
- Social Activities with Interns and Employees
- Completion of a Capstone Project
What You’ll Do:
- Provide programming assistance, focusing on networking between servers and peripheral AR/VR devices under the supervision of a software engineer.
- Create End of Internship Deliverable/Capstone Project that serves as a culminating experience for your internship
- Other Duties as Assigned
What You’ll Bring:
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s program at a university or 4-year college in Software Engineering, Computer Science or other related field.
- Familiarity with C++ and/or Unity.
What You Could Expect:
- The freedom to take risks, to innovate, and to be rewarded.
- Partner with trusting leadership that approaches tasks and requests with urgency.
- Deliver products that are continually recognized as industry disruptors.
However, base salary for this position will vary based on your skills, qualifications, and experience.
This role is not eligible for Paid Time Off or Benefits
Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job listing, our positions require U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency, or other status as a U.S. Person as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3). We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. Intellisense Systems, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.
More details on these positions are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.