Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 and was purposely designed to create a better, more efficient drug discovery platform, establish a new innovation-centered business model, and maximize the value of every medicine created and get it to the people who need it most as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
With the RNA molecule as the basis of our novel drug discovery platform, we are targeting an unprecedented range of therapeutic areas. Our antisense therapies are disrupting diseases and changing their course—from the rarest of conditions, to those that impact millions of people. We currently have three commercial products and more than 40 potentially transformative medicines in our pipeline designed to treat a broad range of diseases.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a leader in antisense oligonucleotide research and drug discovery, is seeking a highly motivated Scientist to join the Neuroscience Drug Discovery team. This position is responsible for assisting in the execution of studies focused on identifying and validating treatments for neurodegenerative, neurodevelopmental and neuropsychiatric diseases. A successful candidate will be able to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision. We are seeking a technically proficient individual with a broad base of skills, to execute nucleic acid (e.g. RNA isolation and qPCR) and protein-based assays (e.g. ELISA), maintain cell culture systems, and assist in conducting rodent studies. This is an individual contributor position that will be working in the laboratory as an integral part of the drug discovery team.
- Hold a B.S. degree in molecular biology, biology, biochemistry, neuroscience or related field
- 2 years of laboratory experience (in academia or industry) with proficiency in techniques focused on RNA such as RNA isolation, library preparation for NGS, qPCR, ddPCR, etc.
- Experience with rodent handling (e.g. compound administration, organ collection, and necropsy)
- Experience with rodent microsurgeries (e.g. intracerebroventricular injections) preferred
- Experience with basic cell culture systems preferred
- Experience with protein assays (e.g. ELISA, western blotting) preferred
- Ability to analyze data sets and maintain records
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience working in a team setting
- Strong organization, written and communication skills
- Ability to be successful in an intense work environment
For more information about Ionis and to apply for this position, please visit our website, www.ionispharma.com. Reference Requisition #TEMPO02185
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.