IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We are looking for an Art Director to own the creative vision, strategy, and execution, for a new “special project” brand initiative. You will report to the Brand Team, with a dotted line to the GM of the new brand initiative.
You will be responsible for applying your design and photography expertise (ideation, art direction concept, graphic design, photoshoot supervision, photoshoot production, post-production, image editing, etc.) to develop campaigns and assets, across print and digital platforms (mobile and desktop) – including social media, email, site, and collateral. You have very strong conceptual skills with knowledge of commercial applications. You can strategize and execute with the sole design & creative for this initiative. If you are high-energy, hands-on, and thrives in a fluid, high-performance, entrepreneurial environment.
Are you ready to take part in a tech-first, innovative brand that is scaling quickly and is going to revolutionize the beauty industry and shift consumer mindsets? If so, we want to hear from you!
Please submit both your resume and portfolio for consideration.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead all creative efforts by working in close partnership with the key brand and cross-functional partners (head of marketing, copywriter, UX teams, content teams, social, etc). Develop overarching creative strategy, concepts & execution
- Act as the brand steward ensuring consistent usage and roll out of the new brand guidelines across all channels
- Seasonal art direction and execution, including:
- Seasonal creative development & mood board direction
- Photo, video & content concept and on set direction (on figure & flat shoots)
- Asset execution including collateral, photography, video, social media, on-site/app, email, digital & growth, and all other creative assets
- Own the creative direction for new product drops and marketing plans
- Constantly be on the pulse of lifestyle, beauty and pop-culture trends, bringing relevant creative ideas, partnerships, and relationships to help create buzz & relevancy around the brand
- Support quarterly creative budget and resource needs
What We’re Looking For:
- 7+ years of experience in art direction at an agency or within a corporate creative/marketing department
- Extensive photo & video shoot experience (still life and model)
- Extensive graphic design experience with email, social media, and web – including responsive design – with a deep understanding of online communications and technologies
- Experienced knowledge of Adobe Suite including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Well-versed in classic design principles and creative art direction trends
- Photography background is a plus
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS is a plus
- Accustomed to validating designs through user and A/B testing
- Able to multitask and work in a fluid, dynamic environment
- Obsessively detail-oriented
- Able to work cross-functionally
- Bachelor’s degree required
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.