IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We are looking for a driven Product Photographer to take part in our growing Creative team! You will have some experience in a high-volume e-commerce studio environment. Daily duties will include the planning and execution of product photography for all cross-functional partners.
Do you have experience shooting, styling, and retouching cosmetics; deep technical understanding with dynamic lighting environments, using both strobe and continuous lighting? If so, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Perform product photography and post-production that aligns with the Brand’s guidelines
- Ensure consistent technical quality and aesthetics for all photography crafted and delivered by the studio
- Has creative flair and can formulate ideas quickly and effectively
- Comfortable taking feedback and direction
- Operate calmly under pressure, and open to last-minute changes and requests
- Comfortable working both independently and cross-functionally
- Ability to retouch beauty products with a variety of product finishes
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience with photography – beauty and e-commerce
- Understanding of styling, art direction, and good design
- A photography portfolio that demonstrates a high level of skill in digital photography, lighting, composition, and color quality
- Experienced user with Canon, Capture One, studio lighting
- Able to work confidently within a team
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Practical thinker and able to take initiative to get the work done
- Good attention to detail
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.