Jennifer Miller Studio is looking for a part time Interior Design Intern. This is a non-paid internship lasting 90 days for school credit. This internship offers an excellent opportunity for students to work under the guidance of an Interior Design team gainning hands on experience with a high-end residential design firm in a collaborative work environment.
The internship position will offer a developing interior designer valuable in depth, hands-on experience within the industry. This position is flexible in terms of scheduling.
IDEAL CANIDATE QUALITITES:
- Task Focus: Delivers high level service to clients and vendors that meets and exceeds expectations.
- Ethics & Integrity: Adheres to Jennifer Miller Studio Inc.Values, beliefs, and principles of innovation and excellence in design.
- Composure: Remains calm, maintains perspective, and responds in a professional manner when faced with tough situations.
- Personal Learning: Takes personal responsibility for the continuous learning of knowledge, skills and experiences.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Able to successfully function during times of uncertainty and changing priorities.
- Decision-Making: Makes keen, timely decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Builds effective relationships with all people – up down and sideways, inside and outside of Jennifer Miller Studio Inc.
- Results Oriented: Gets results and achieves goals.
- Sense of Humor: Keeps life in perspective and knows how to have fun while navigating all the above!
The primary role of the intern is to assist the JMS team during the design process by gathering and creating the required materials for projects including:
- Compose mood boards and inspiration images pertaining to projects
- Draft/AUTOCAD elevations and floor plans from time to time
- Maintain the fabric library, return samples to design center when needed
- Research new products and materials
- Assist in preparation for client meetings
- Assist in preparations of gathering and packing materials for meetings
- Call vendors for product pricing
- Follow up on orders placed with lead times
- Maintain project binders and baskets
- Assist with installations, coordinate deliveries and handle post installation follow-up
- Working on completing Interior Design or Architecture Degree
- Excellent presentation skills, including space planning and drawing
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Social Media Savvy
- Ability to create Excel spreadsheets and Power Point Presentations
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, In Design and Photoshop
- Vehicle that can be used for work, auto insurance and a valid driver's license.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
-Short paragraph on your background, interest, and goals
-Who is your favorite designer and why
-Include at least one professional reference
Phone calls or walk-in applications will not be accepted.