Kelly Wearstler is looking for an energetic, detail-oriented Design Student who works well independently and with teams. The Design Intern will assist the design team with high-end residential and hospitality projects. Current Internships are for school credit only.
Internships may include work in all phases of design: Planning, Concept, Schematic Design, Design Development, and Construction Documentation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with creating detailed FFE specifications, Sourcing and overseeing bespoke furniture design,
fabrics, lighting, art and finishes.
- Creating 2D and 3D rendering proposals and preparing for client presentations.
- Assist with tracking and processing purchase orders for vendors and clients.
- Communicating with vendors, manufacturers, and retailers.
- Assist with finish, appliance, hardware and plumbing schedules.
- Maintenance of material finish library.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited Interior Design or Architecture Program. Junior and Senior level
students are preferred.
- Strong AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Microsoft Office skills required.
- Substantial hand sketching and rendering ability.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a willingness to learn and adapt to the daily
needs of the design team.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.