Kilpatrick Townsend, a large international law firm, is seeking an Internet Analyst for the Trademark Copyright Department in our Beverly Hills office. This position will be part of our team of attorneys, paralegals and support staff providing a high level of service to both internal and external clients. At Kilpatrick Townsend, we are one team where each person plays an integral role in serving the needs of our clients. The firm has a strong dedication to its employees, values, diversity and inclusion initiatives and commitment to the community.
The Internet Analyst is an organized, detail-oriented professional who will work as part of a team of attorneys, paralegals and secretaries to perform online research to remove infringing content from the internet and perform legal support for supervising department members. The Internet Analyst will work with world-class clients in entertainment, tech, social media and well known consumer brands in order to protect famous brands and creative works.
Essential Job Functions:
- Research internet and review online websites, torrents, blogs, and data sites for infringing or problematic content and identify anonymous infringers.
- Review online auctions, retailers, classified listings and other websites, and analyze for violations of clients’ copyrights, trademark rights, rights of publicity and business issues or defamatory commentary.
- Draft appropriate cease and desist letters and notices of infringement.
- Coordinate review and analysis of infringing activity with attorneys.
- Various other projects as needed both administrative and legal.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and strong editing and proofreading abilities.
- Self-starter, with the ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and perform work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Display problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Extensive familiarity with online commercial activity, online research and general internet based business.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Understanding of Intellectual Property law is a plus.
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills with the ability to work independently, prioritize assignments and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Maintain confidentiality of client information.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Respectful of other individuals working directly or indirectly with them.
- Reliable and dependable team player.This is a full-time, regular position with generous benefits. Interested applicants should apply online at www.kilpatricktownsend.com. Selected applicants will be contacted. Kilpatrick Townsend is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information about our firm, please visit our website.Kilpatrick Townsend is committed to equal employment opportunity for all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex or gender, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.