L.A. Care Health Plan – Human Resources
Fall Intern focused on HR Compensation and Administration– L.A. Care
1055 West 7th Street, 10th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Interview Coordinator: Liliana Lopez, Workforce and Education Supervisor, LCS, Human Resources
Field Instructor/Preceptor: (Sarah Viloria Diaz)
Contact Info: (213.694.1250 ext 6769)
Stipend: Hourly $16.50 per hour:
Agency Overview: L.A. Care’s mission is to provide access to quality health care for Los Angeles County’s vulnerable and low-income communities and residents and to support the safety net required to achieve that purpose. Committed to offering accessible, affordable and high quality health care, L.A. Care Health Plan is an independent local public agency created by the State of California to provide health coverage to low-income Los Angeles County residents through a variety of health coverage programs including L.A. Care Covered, L.A. Care Cal MediConnect Plan and PASC-SEIU Homecare Workers Health Care Plan. With more than 2.1 million members in four product lines, L.A. Care is the nation’s largest publicly operated health plan.
The intern will work closely with product leadership and core functional areas through engagement and assessing department and organizational needs. The intern will learn and utilize skills in decision-making, project planning, public speaking, meeting facilitation, note-taking and other tasks as assigned. The intern will be expected to display the following core competencies.
- Professionalism and the ability and maturity to work with diverse stakeholders
- Flexibility and adaptability to quickly changing environments and situations
- Strong, concise writing skills and ability to quickly summarize complex topics
- Ability to take initiative to ask questions, seek out solutions and keep team informed
- Basic understanding of data analysis and ability to summarize in charts/graphs
- Critical thinking skills and ability to recognize the root causes of problems and suggest potential solutions
- Teamwork, delegation and experience in cooperation on complex projects
- The intern will utilize and develop skills such as research, document and analyzing, managed care operations, understanding of L.A. County’s operations, data collection and analysis, cultural sensitivity, organizational needs assessments, strategic planning, process improvement, problem solving, project management and meeting facilitation and note-taking. Works closely with the compensation team to provide administrative support for compensation reports, assists with job descriptions projects, maintains compensation data and handles highly confidential information.
- Possible Internship Duties
- Learn healthcare metrics and proxy measures
- Maintains efficient and effective Total Rewards representation to internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist with compensation communications by responding to compensation inquiries (within scope) and triaging both basic and complex requests.
- Assists in the job profile builder projects and other projects as assigned.
- Initiates Salary offer worksheet intake for the review of Compensation Analyst(s), tracks and keep up to date all compensation requests.
- Communicates with talent acquisition and recruitment to identify gaps and fulfill requests.
- Provides administrative support to include maintaining documentation, running reports, maintaining and archiving organization records and documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Desired Intern Profile/Qualifications
Experience working with senior leadership/management and previous project planning experience a plus, but not required. A self-motivated quick learner with strong verbal and written communication skills. A problem solver who is not afraid to simultaneously “dive into” multiple projects/assignments that may be unstructured. An independent “go-getter” who can prioritize and switch priorities/tasks as needed while staying on task. An organized and enthusiastic candidate who takes initiative and states his/her opinion, but is not afraid to ask questions. A decisive time-manager with a good attitude that is flexible, able to take direction, and is open to getting constructive feedback. Fluency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio). Ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about pursuing a career in Human Resources career path with a strong interest in compensation analysis and planning and excellent customer service skills.
If interested in this summer internship opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume to Chris Lopez at email@example.com
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.