Actively support the Design Engineering, Sales and Procurement Teams. Research current, new and emerging LED boards, drivers and controls technologies that apply to the lighting industry. Determine which component systems can be integrated with the lighting products that we currently manufacture and suggest alternative combinations of components that will help the company remain competitive in the marketplace.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints documents.
- Knowledge and experience with utilization of CAD/3-D modeling software: AutoCAD, Inventor, Vault
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft office applications such as Excel
- Good sketching and concept generation skills
- Able to create drawings from rough sketches and specifications created by engineers.
- Research Skills – Ability to design and conduct a systematic, objective, and critical investigation.
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Conceptual Thinking – Ability to think in terms of abstract ideals.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
SKILLS & ABILITY
- Bachelor’s Degree (four year college or technical school) Required
- Field of Study: Electronics, Electrical Engineering, or comparable education or experience.
- Experience in Analysis of electrical components.
- Experience in electrical engineering
- Experience in mechanical engineering helpful.
- Experience in helping develop and implement new products.
- Experience in improving product’s effectiveness and efficiency.
- Experience in developing LED lighting fixtures.
Microsoft Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Excel. AutoCAD, SolidWorks, or Inventor, Vault, Navisworks, AG132, Visual, Photopia, MasterCAM, JetCAM, and AP100 helpful.
LA Lighting provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.