Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for an entry-level GIS Analyst in our Irvine, CA office to support our growing use of GIS applications across multiple disciplines including environmental, site/civil, geotechnical, transportation, natural resources, landscape architecture and survey. The Analyst will be responsible for data reduction and map creation using Esri’s ArcGIS version 10.x suite of products to support client deliverables. The ideal candidate will have working experience in Esri’s ArcGIS and associated extensions, strong analytical and problem solving skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, a positive attitude, a solid work ethic, and a demonstrated capacity to learn new technologies as well as take on additional responsibilities over time. Some familiarity with the engineering and environmental consulting industries is desired.
- Certificate or Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Geography, Computer Science, Environmental Science, Engineering, or related field;
- Experience working with ESRI ArcGIS software and extensions preferred;
- Strong understanding of cartographic principles, spatial data concepts, projection systems, data management, digital map production, hard copy presentations, and quality assurance/quality control;
- Demonstrated experience working with ArcGIS 10.x or higher including desktop extensions (Spatial Analyst, 3d Analyst, etc.);
- Ability to analyze and interpret data from many sources, including field data and online data sources;
- Ability to create high-quality cartographic products suitable for client deliverables;
- Ability to collect, process, and evaluate GPS data;
- Knowledge of ESRI Geodatabase design structure and management, as well as general database knowledge, including the manipulation of tabular data in GIS, summarizing, joining, and linking related data;
- Python scripting and general application development are a plus;
- EQuIS Database a plus;
- AutoCAD in environmental applications a plus;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with co-workers and clients;
- Proven organization and problem solving skills;
- Must be able to formulate and clearly communicate ideas to others, including those who have only a basic knowledge of GIS; and
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and Access.
To be considered for this position, please apply online at https://www.langan.com/jobs/gis-analyst-entry-level.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.