Legaspi Courts Design is a multidisciplinary design studio that specializes in custom architectural and interior design projects. They are known to produce homes and creative work and hospitality spaces that feel as though they are a self-portrait of the client’s that inhabits them. Their projects have been featured in various design publications such as House Beautiful, CA Home + Design, Traditional Home, Interior Design, DesignMilk among others. See more of their work on their website https://www.legaspicourts.com/
LEGASPI COURTS DESIGN: INTERNS/DESIGN ASSISTANT WANTED
The Design Intern will participate in learning opportunities throughout the design project lifecycle. The Intern will have the opportunity to both actively participate in and observe the day-to-day operations of a full-service, fast-paced design firm, including meetings, presentations, and design planning and execution. The Intern’s responsibilities may include:
• Assist designers with project management and help prepare design presentation materials for client meetings
• Assist with general office administration/clerical duties, including providing copies and filing, maintaining office equipment and office supplies, maintaining sample and resource libraries, and running errands, including pick-ups and deliveries
• Prepare office mailings, receive deliveries, and answer phones and/or office emails
• Assist with marketing needs such as website postings, social media postings and any editorial submittals for project publication for both print and web.
• Participate on in-site visits and office meetings to learn more about design office project management and operations
• Research and shop fabrics, furnishings, lighting, wall coverings, antiques, carpeting, and accessories and/or décor items as requested by designers
• Source online resources for projects and interact with vendors for quotes and order suggestions
• Help prepare presentation materials for client presentations
• Assist designers in the production of furniture specifications and FF&E related drawings
• Assist designers in the production of interior design drawings
• Assist with measuring and production of as-built drawings for new projects
• Assist designers as needed prepare for project openings and installs.
• Assist designers with procurement, including correspondence with vendors and maintenance of receipts and invoices
Candidate must be proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator , InDesign, Sketchup/3D Studio MAX and CAD. Must have professional demeanor both in verbal and written correspondence and have great energy to learn all aspects of the design business. Must have reliable car.
This is an hourly paid internship and flexible hours can be accommodated based on school schedule.
Please submit your resume and sample portfolio (NO LARGER THAN 10 MB) in PDF format or weblink to our email at email@example.com
No direct phone calls regarding this position will be accepted. Please direct any questions or communication to the email provided.