COME GROW WITH US!
As a Public Benefit Corporation, The Farm Project and our initiative Lettuce Grow are working on creating a new food system. We believe that the future of food lies in empowering thriving, localized food economies that benefit the health of the people, the planet and the communities around us.
Lettuce Grow is looking for a Logistics Coordinator to plan and coordinate our flows of materials from and to different facilities, monitor inventory levels, place orders with different vendors to meet our growing demand and contribute to various supply chain implementation projects.
- Monitor and maintain inventory levels and plan for cover stocks.
- Prepare, process and track purchasing orders for multiple vendors.
- Reconcile actual stocks from different facilities.
- Arrange, plan and track timely pick-up and delivery of shipments.
- Liaising and negotiating with carriers.
- Ensure shipping documents are properly filed, stay up-to-date with freight regulations.
- Transportation decision making, considering costs and carbon footprint.
- Execute receiving’s in the system.
- Process and/or approve invoices for payment.
- Monitor and report on inventory and transportation costs.
- Lead and/or contribute in various supply chain projects.
- Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain or related field.
- 4+ years of experience in logistics management.
- Experience preparing, placing and tracking orders.
- Working knowledge of freight legal regulations.
- Computer-savvy with a working knowledge of logistics software.
- Ability to prepare administrative documents.
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities.
- Problem-solving abilities.
- Keen on working in a fast-paced growing environment.
WHY WORK AT THE LETTUCE GROW?
You’ll join a team of seasoned entrepreneurs who know what it takes to be successful. And you’ll make a difference as an integral part of an organization that is changing the world by supporting a profitable, sustainable local food system.