Loop Capital’s Public Finance Division provides specialized banking practices in healthcare, housing, project finance and transportation as well as market, bondholder and credit analysis, and complex quantitative modeling.
The Public Finance Division seeks a summer intern to support senior bankers, associates, and analysts on all aspects of business development, including ongoing client coverage, deal execution and requests for proposals.
· Create, update and review debt profiles for target clients
· Analyze financial data
· Prepare client memos, presentation materials, and proposals for new and existing clients
· Run new money and refunding numbers as needed
· Provide analytical support on co-managed and senior managed financings
· Shadow full-time employees as they interact with potential and existing clients
· Current enrollment at an undergraduate institution with a record of strong academic performance
· Exceptional problem solving, organization and communications skills
· Capacity to learn quickly and execute accurately
· Successful interns are able to multitask and manage a variety of projects in a dynamic, team-oriented environment
· Strong quantitative background; ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, algebra, discounted cash flows and accounting principles
· Strong interest in and knowledge of the financial markets preferred
· Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
· Attention to detail, initiative, enthusiasm and self-motivation; demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness in work product
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.