Job is subject to close. Please apply ASAP.
Why Los Angeles Unified School District?
If you consider yourself an Electrical Engineer professional, then we may have an opportunity for you at LAUSD!
Come be a part of an organization where your work and contribution as an employee will positively impact the youth of Los Angeles. LAUSD offers opportunity for career growth and professional development. Plus you will also work with experienced industry professionals to help expand the knowledge and skills learned in your craft.
Highlights of the role include:
· Up 15 vacation days a year plus a generous sick time policy
· Fully-paid medical/dental/vision premiums for employee and dependents
· 12 paid holidays – yes that is in addition to the 15 vacation days!
· Pension plan through membership in the California Public Employee Retirement System (CalPERS)
· Plus, many more!
About the Role
· Determining the most suitable type of electrical installations and computes sizes and capacities of equipment for large projects.
· Preparing preliminary designs and layout sketches for personnel assigned to projects that involve major alterations to electrical systems.
· Preparing specifications, cost estimates, and material lists for projects and reviews those prepared by others.
· Reviewing and checking working drawings for conformity to sound engineering practice, District design standards, and applicable codes and ordinances.
· Coordinating the work of projects with personnel in other Architectural and Engineering units and checking finished work for conflicts with other engineering and architectural features.
Graduation from a recognized college or university with a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
Three years of electrical engineering design experience on commercial, government, or school buildings that included the use of a recognized computer aided design software system.
A valid Certificate of Registration as a Professional Engineer in Electrical Engineering issued by the California State Board of Registration of Civil and Professional Engineers.
A valid California Driver License
Use of an automobile
Special Physical Requirement: Agility to climb ladders and scaffolds, walk on roofs, and move safely in partially completed buildings and crawl spaces.
· Terminology, symbols, and sources of electrical engineering drafting and design information pertaining to building construction
· Electrical engineering customs and practices in expressing ideas, designs, and data in drawings
· National, State, and local codes pertaining to electrical engineering features of building construction
· Design principles, mathematics, and construction industry practices relative to electrical engineering problems
· Electrical design standards
· Recognized computer-aided design software system such as AutoCAD
· Microsoft Windows operating systems
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.