The Los Angeles World Affairs Council & Town Hall (LAWACTH) is the largest speaker’s forum in Southern California. Our mission is to bring the world to Los Angeles and Los Angeles to the world—to educate Angelenos on the most current international, domestic, and regional issues. We do this by convening more than 60 programs a year with speakers from across the United States and around the globe. We are a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that operates in the spirit of facilitating civil discourse. As a member organization, the LAWACTH has an expansive network: we are global leaders in politics, business, foreign policy, tech, entertainment, and more. Our members and the LAWACTH staff value curiosity, civic engagement, independent thought, and innovation.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, we have pivoted our programming to various digital formats, and all staff work remotely. This internship is 100% remote, part-time and for current students only. You must receive school credit to qualify.
The Communications & Social Media Intern will work directly with our Marketing and Communications Team. Interns will develop insight into crafting brand strategies and marketing plans for live programs and other major initiatives. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a strategic mind, strong time management skills, attention to detail, and the ability to communicate effectively. They will be collaborative and someone who thrives in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment. This person should be a highly-motivated and organized. They should be skilled in digital communication and social media. An interest in global affairs, civic discourse, and educational programming is preferred.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Support and engage our followers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
· Maintain a weekly social media calendar.
· Build audience for digital programs. Support production of programs when necessary.
· Assist in the creation of promotional collateral, as well as online and social media content
· Ample experience with social media is required.
· Interest in nonprofit communications technology and marketing.
· You should be an articulate networker, creative, independent and have an excellent eye for detail (proper spelling and grammar is vital)
· Excellent writing and communications skills
· Additional preference given to candidates with graphic design experience (Canva/Adobe Photoshop) and online marketing/analytics experience
Along with receiving school credit, interns will be mentored 1-on-1 by a LAWACTH staff member and receive one free year of membership with the LAWACTH Young Professionals.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to Claire Krelitz at email@example.com. Start and end dates are flexible, please include availability in cover letter.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.