Mazars is seeking high-performing graduates to join the Audit team in our Los Angeles office. As an Audit Intern, in this practice you will be responsible for providing the highest levels of client service excellence while working with other audit professionals and interacting with valued clients.
We may work with numbers, but accounting, tax and consulting is all about people. At Mazars, we pride ourselves on building long-lasting relationships with our teams, clients, and the community.
Mazars USA LLP is a high-performing accounting, tax and consulting firm with significant national presence in strategic US geographies. Since 1921, our dedicated professionals have leveraged technical industry expertise to develop customized solutions for clients, create value, and Optimize their performance. We offer a broad array of industry specialists providing services to growth-oriented enterprises and individuals. As the independent US member firm of Mazars Group, we deliver seamless access to the expertise of 24,400 professionals in 91+ countries.
At local and global levels, we are proud of building diverse and rewarding experiences for our people, clients, and for the communities we serve.
Start Date: January 2021
Required Skills and Experience:
- Actively working towards Bachelor or Masters degree in Accounting or Tax
- Strong academic credentials (Minimum GPA of 3.0)
- Eligible to sit for the CPA exam/150 credit hour requirement upon graduation
- Active involvement in organizations (volunteering or campus related)
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills
- Motivated and hard working in order to meet client deadlines and provide excellent service to clients
- Motivated to work as part of a team and build constructive working relationships
- Able to operate in a paperless workplace and proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- Proficiency in CCH ProSystem Fx Engagement and CCH Axcess Tax is a plus but not essential
- Tax Intern will have the opportunity to work on tax engagements within a variety of different industry niches
- Gain a thorough understanding of Mazars USA tax approach, methodology and toolsPrepare tax returns (individual, partnership and corporate)
- Perform tax research using CCH, RIA and BNA
- Engage in internal tax practice initiatives and training
- Effectively communicate to keep seniors and managers updated about the status of the engagement
- Intensive training through in-house training programs, as well as on-the-job-training
- A varied profession with a variety of market segments (industries) and significant career opportunities
- A diverse, dynamic and exciting work environment
- Significant career opportunities across a range of business advisory services
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.