Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (“MGM”) is looking for a hard-working, motivated college or graduate school student to fill our Publicity Internship for the Fall semester. The ideal candidate should have a strong interest in Film / Television Publicity and Corporate Communications, possess knowledge of the entertainment industry (including major industry events and awards season), and be enthusiastic about gaining hands-on experience in PR.
- Assist in tracking Breaking News
- Compile important background information related to titles, box office, etc.
- Draft and edit PR-related communications in company-wide email blasts
- Compile PR contacts at all of MGM’s domestic and international partners
- Assist with first drafts of story pitches
- Aid the team in a wide variety of administrative tasks, including:
- Editing press releases
- Tracking print and digital trades, magazines with MGM’s relevant covers, and ads
- Managing costume inventory
- Reading scripts and compiling notes
- Must be a college student (undergraduate or graduate) and eligible to receive college credit throughout the duration of the internship
- Must live in the Los Angeles area for the duration of the internship
- Ability to commit two to three full days a week with the accommodation of class schedules
- A sincere passion for Publicity and/or Corporate Communications is required
- Previous film or television industry experience is preferred
- Strong writing skills along with the ability to communicate ideas effectively
- Self-starter with a driven, motivated work ethic
- An organized work style with the ability to multitask various projects across the film and television slates
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.