The Michelson Found Animals Foundation is a cutting edge non-profit organization managed by savvy business and science professionals focused on social entrepreneurship. We are a well-funded organization that takes pride in bringing together great minds from diverse backgrounds in our mission to reduce shelter euthanasia and support pet parents nationwide. Our culture and work environment sets us apart from traditional non-profits and inspires our talented team to create innovative ideas and solutions to complex programs and initiatives. Our animal-friendly, creative office suites are located on the westside of Los Angeles, with work-from-home (WFH) in place until COVID restrictions lift. You can learn more about this role and our organization at foundanimals.org.
The Policy Intern supports strategies to encourage the development and growth of new business projects. This will be a hands-on position and is a great learning opportunity. The Policy Intern reports to the Director of Collective Impact, is available for an immediate start, and is 16-20 hours/week- more possibly available if desired.
- Perform policy and legislative research on the current state and local initiatives, analyze information and data, and prepare briefings on impact
- Staff relevant local officeholder and committee meetings (virtually during COVID) and share outcomes with senior staff
- Assist in establishing new governmental and elected office relationships
- Must be a student enrolled in public policy, public administration, or like program with an interest in legislative, policy, or civic engagement work
- Proficient understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Gsuite
- Interest in navigating complex public processes, and building strong relationships and coalitions
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Experience working in a team-oriented environment
- Motivated self-starter with a great attitude
- Ability to set and enforce priorities and deadlines
- Length of Project:
- 12-24 weeks (based on availability)
Michelson Philanthropies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.