Hi, my name is Teddy and I’m the CEO of MDB Co.
We design and manufacture the best juvenile furniture in the world, from the most Eco-conscious cribs on the market to the most iconic and award-winning designs in the industry. Based just east of downtown Los Angeles, we are a family business built on the talents of 100 smart, entrepreneurial-wired, and self-motivated people with diverse backgrounds and interests.
Over the years, we have developed 7 leading brands of baby products, an in-house start-up, Capsule Home, which sells home furnishings direct to consumer, and our latest venture, Beast of Leisure, a line of mid-century modern dog beds.
I see it as my top priority to cultivate a place where you will learn, grow, and be valued. We don’t have everything figured out, but we do learn quickly! It’s important to me that all of our team members enjoy coming to work every day and make an impact not only to our company and our customers, but to each other as well. Come and visit us, I think you’ll see and feel the difference right when you walk through the door!
We are looking for an organized and meticulous individual who can execute order fulfillment and shipment requests in a timely manner and serve as a liaison between office and warehouse shipping teams. Ability to respond empathetically to customer needs by managing expectations and resolving issues that may arise during pre and post order fulfillment process. Our ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills, has a passion for continuous process improvement, and takes initiatives from opportunity identification to solution development and through implementation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage entire order cycle from order management through shipment processing for all Small Parcel and LTL orders, including but not limited to order entry, customer inquiries, releasing, quoting, routing orders and shipment preparation
- Provide all levels of internal and external customer service as it relates to order management, shipping coordination, returns and carrier issues
- Review and resolve Electronic Data Interface (EDI) errors for all Small Parcel and LTL accounts
- Provide retailer facing customer service including responding to order and shipment related inquiries via email, updating retailer portals for e-commerce accounts, notifying retailers and management of any shipping issues, addressing shipping errors and discrepancies, issuing Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA), issuing call tags, submitting and supporting claim requests and Freight bill reconciliation
- Monitor all department and vendor performance metrics, identifying variances, implement corrective actions as necessary, ensuring SLA compliance
- Organize and Maintain Standard Operating Procedures(Vendor Management)
- Other projects as necessary
Programs/Technologies applications and websites you will use (We will train the right candidate!) :
- Navision Dynamics
- Retailer Portals
- Transportation Management Systems
- Microsoft Office Excel, Word, etc.
- 1 yr. of Logistics Order Management /Customer Service experience (preferred but not required)
- Strong work ethic, with an emphasis on teamwork and positive attitude
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and work in high passed environment
- Ability to respond to and anticipate daily needs, and handle standard and non-standard requests within Guidelines and Policies
- Excellent time management skills
- High learning agility
- Furniture industry experience preferred but not required
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.