We are looking for an experienced and dedicated litigation paralegal to join our team.
- Assist in propounding and responding to discovery
- Assist in drafting demands, motions and complaints
- Calendar and manage court deadlines
- Follow up on records requests, process of service, and emails
- Reserving court hearings and depositions
- Prepare documents for filing with the state and federal court
- Draft correspondence and regularly communicate with clients, experts, and defense counsel in an effective and courteous manner
- Document retrieval and review
- Assist counsel in fact investigation
- Assist with pre-trial preparation, including drafting trial documents and preparing exhibits
- Contact court clerk for information as needed
- Updating and keeping track of internal databases and deadlines
- Issuing subpoenas and notices
- Scanning incoming documents and assisting with invoices
- Prioritize and complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS ·
- 1-3 years of experience as a litigation paralegal preferred*
- Knowledge of Federal and California Civil Procedure and Local Court Rules.
- Experience with Case Management/Electronic Case Filing System (CM/ECF)
- Familiarity with DFEH and EEOC claims process.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Great time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to act independently and with minimal supervision
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and a self-starter
- Type at least 60 WPM
- Experience in employment law is preferred, but not required
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
Miracle Mile Law Group offers competitive pay and great opportunities for growth and advancement. We strive to maintain a family atmosphere and team work environment by working collaboratively. We make sure to let our team know that management’s door is always open.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.