An Entry-level Laboratory Technician positions in the field of Microbiology is available in Irvine, CA courtesy of Modis Engineering. The duration for this position will go at least one year.
Rate Range: $20.00 – $21.00 per hour.
Duration: 12+ months
Shift: Must be able to work the following full-time shift: 5:30 to 2:00, Monday through Friday.
- Performs various laboratory testing for sterilization cycle development and verification for R&D project.
- Daily work involves processing sterilization cycles and testing the samples processed, documenting studies conducted with attention to details.
- Organizes results updates as requested.
- Assists other Scientists with testing sample preparation.
- Be able to function independently per instructions provided and work as a team member with others in the laboratory as well as R&D Engineering & Quality.
- Should be able to handle 20-25 lbs. of load throughout the day. May perform investigation and evaluation of problem with guidance.
- Assists others in different functions in the project support project timeline. Some percentage of work related to general laboratory support work required.
- Good organization skills and laboratory experience needed.
- Compliance to trained environmental health and safety rules is required.
- Flexible to work overtime on workdays and on weekends, as needed.
- A.S. or equivalent in Biology, Chemistry or similar major — or 2 years of experience in these areas.
- Knowledge of lab practices and lab equpment.
- Microbiology Lab coursework a plus.
- Knowledge of good documentation practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to handle 20-25 lbs. of load throughout the day
- Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel
- Industry Microbiology laboratory experience is a plus
- Knowledge of compendial, ISO, ICH, etc., standards and guidelines is a plus.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.