This is not work experience, this is an opportunity to experience work.
An Intern is an investment in Moog’s future. The intern relationship provides a three-way benefit between the student, university, and Moog. It is an opportunity for the student to incorporate classroom learning into professional, real world situations. The student brings new ideas to Moog on how to tackle projects and challenges, while Moog benefits from fresh perspectives from the brightest students in their respective fields of study. By having the students work on actual programs, we also work towards solving our customers’ most difficult technical challenges.
Moog’s Aircraft Group, in Torrance, CA, is seeking students for engineering Internships & Co-Ops!
As part of the Moog U.S. Internship Program, this position provides strategic and tactical support to senior and mid-level employees. Engineering work can include (but is not limited to) Design, Electrical, Mechanical, Product, Software, Systems, and/or Test Equipment.
The student will contribute to routine engineering work requiring the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a variety of engineering tasks.
The student will work on discipline-focused projects and tasks to enhance their collegiate learning experience, while providing meaningful contributions to the Moog Engineering Team(s).
- Contribute to the preparation and execution of key engineering tasks at Moog
- Provide technical support to engineers, as needed
- Work experience may include conceptual design, detail design, testing, stress analyses, metallurgical laboratory work, and/or project engineering, based on the student’s educational discipline
- Provide input on project processes, strategies, and execution
- Operate as a multidisciplinary member of the team of creative, independent individuals
- Represent Moog in a manner consistent with its technical and professional reputation
- Enrolled in a relevant Engineering Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree program, at an accredited university
- Currently a 3rd year student or higher, strongly preferred
- GPA of at least 3.0; exact GPA requirement will be specified by department
- United States Citizenship, or the legal ability to work in the U.S., without company sponsorship
Students within the Moog U.S. Internship Program are expected to have a professional disposition, with effective communication skills, a strong desire to learn, a positive attitude, and the ability to work in a team environment.
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.