This is not work experience, this is an opportunity to experience work.
An Intern is an investment in Moog’s future. The intern relationship provides a three-way benefit between the student, university, and Moog. It is an opportunity for the student to incorporate classroom learning into professional, real world situations. The student brings new ideas to Moog on how to tackle projects and challenges, while Moog benefits from fresh perspectives from the brightest students in their respective fields of study. By having the students work on actual programs, we also work towards solving our customers’ most difficult technical challenges.
Moog’s Aircraft Group, in Torrance, CA, is seeking students for Supply Chain Internships & Co-Ops!
As part of the Moog U.S. Internship Program, this position provides strategic and tactical support to senior and mid-level supply chain employees in the areas including (but not limited to) buying/expediting, strategic capabilities, spend analysis, rate competitiveness, quality management, project management, and/or supplier performance management.
The student will contribute to work within the area of supply chain, requiring the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a variety of tasks.
The student will work on discipline-focused projects and tasks to enhance their collegiate learning experience, while providing meaningful contributions to the Moog Supply Chain Team(s).
- Collaborate with senior management, sourcing teams, operational supply chain teams, and supplier development across the globe.
- Develop various supply chain analyses.
- Conduct internal and external market research studies, as well as data and process analysis for procurement management and operational groups at Moog.
- Represent Moog in a manner consistent with its technical and professional reputation.
- Provide input on project processes, strategies, and execution.
- Enrollment in Bachelor’s or Master’s curriculum in Supply Chain Mgmt., Industrial Engineering, Materials Mgmt., or Business, at an accredited university
- GPA of at least 3.0; exact GPA requirement will be specified by department
- Currently a 3rd year student or higher, strongly preferred
- United States Citizenship, or the legal ability to work in the U.S., without company sponsorship
Students within the Moog U.S. Internship Program are expected to have a professional disposition, with effective communication skills, a strong desire to learn, a positive attitude, and the ability to work in a team environment.
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.