Who We Are
National Research Group (NRG) is a fast-growing research and insights agency that top entertainment companies trust to decode consumer tastes and trends around the world. With the entertainment ecosystem in a period of immense change, we are looking for the best and the brightest to help shape the future of storytelling for the world’s most admired and innovative content creators.
Why You’ll Love It Here
We are inspired by working with storytellers that challenge us to think differently and see the world in new ways. As a result, our business is driven by creative, curious, and inventive people who have a passion for pop (and alt) culture. We work as a collective across disciplines and geographies to bring together the best thinking for every assignment, delivering insights to bold storytellers everywhere.
Provide support and lead on all aspects of primary research for entertainment (small, large, and any screen) and other clients, including a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Collaborate on custom entertainment market research studies across studios, networks, and OTT services. Work includes but is not limited to brand studies, messaging/positioning evaluation, audience segmentation and insights, content optimization, ad/creative tests, and trackers.
- Participate in all steps of a project including but not limited to: proposal drafting, research design, questionnaire and discussion guide writing, data analysis, reporting and delivery, presentation, and post-mortem.
- Translate research data into actionable insights and recommendations through dynamic and story-driven reports and presentations.
- Stay abreast of entertainment, pop culture, research, and media trends and innovative developments.
Who You Are
- Internally-motivated self-starter who continuously strives to get things done and finds solutions when challenges are encountered.
- Critical thinker, able to understand and respond to complex questions from clients to aid in the development of research plans.
- Successfully manages time and multiple competing priorities in order to ensure deadlines are always met.
- Team player who is able to work collaboratively and/or initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal oversight.
- Passion for research and flexibility to work on custom projects outside of the area of specialization (i.e., comfortable with a level of ambiguity).
- 1-3 years’ experience working in consumer insights, consumer research, or in an analyst/strategy role at an entertainment or digital media company.
- BA/BS with a strong academic record, and with a degree in a business or social science field or one with an emphasis on statistics or quantitative research methodologies.
- Strong interest and experience in entertainment.
- Excellent PowerPoint, Excel, and visual communication skills.
- Experience with the following data analysis techniques: statistical significance testing, correlations analysis, multivariate analysis techniques (such as cluster/segmentation analysis) and conjoint and discrete choice analysis. Ability to apply techniques a plus, but not required.
This is a full-time, exempt position based in Culver City or New York. Hours of work and days are generally Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 6:00pm. Some additional weekend work and modified schedules are possible, due to workload and project timing.
This job operates in a high-paced, professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why do you want to work at NRG?
- Why are you interested in entertainment?
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.