Who We Are
National Research Group (NRG) is a leader in data driven insights and strategic consultation to the global entertainment and technology industries. Working at the confluence of technology, content, and culture, NRG offers bold insights for storytellers everywhere. Our consultants have experience working across all facets of media and technology.
Why You’ll Love It Here
We are inspired by working with storytellers that challenge us to think differently and see the world in new ways. As a result, our business is driven by creative, curious, and inventive people who have a passion for culture and technology. We work as a collective across disciplines and geographies to bring together the best thinking for every assignment, delivering insights to bold storytellers everywhere.
NRG is seeking a Human Resources Intern to join us for our 2021 summer internship program. This intern position will report directly into our dynamic HR team and will be a great opportunity for students to be provided with a hands-on experience with recruitment, onboarding, benefits, payroll, compliance and analytics. Below is general information on the internship:
- Start Date: Monday, June 7, 2021 (Date is flexible)
- Commitment: 12 weeks
- Location: Due to COVID-19 circumstances, this position will be remote. Technology will be provided to assist with working from home.
- Help with listing and managing job postings across various sites and Greenhouse, our Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Schedule, organize, and coordinate meetings and interviews
- Prepare and distribute materials, agendas prior to meetings, and take notes during meetings
- Assist with onboarding logistics for new hires, assist with new hire orientation, and liaise with Facilities and IT on new hire work/office space and technology needs
- Assist with preparation of required documents and processes for separations, including collection of employee assets
- Run reports in our HRIS System and assist with maintaining the company wide org chart
- Assist with keeping employee files up to date
- Assist with sending out required online trainings to employees and track completion
- Create and maintain changes, including new hires, transfers, promotions, terminations and all other applicable changes in our systems and in employees’ personnel files
- Assist HR team with other administrative tasks as needed such as processing department invoices
Who You Are
- Impeccable communication skills (oral, interpersonal, and written)
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and to anticipate issues that may arise proactively and quickly determine next steps
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Must be able to effectively perform tasks in a fast-paced working environment
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels of the company as well as external contacts
- Ability to use discretion when dealing with highly sensitive and confidential information
- Pursuing a degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field
- Strong interest in Human Resources
- Excellent PowerPoint, Excel, and visual communication skills
This is a temporary non-exempt remote position due to COVID circumstances. Full time availability is preferred. The hours of this position will be 9am-6pm PT.
This job typically operates in a professional office environment but will be remote due to COVID-19. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why do you want to work at NRG?
- What kind of training or experience have you had that has prepared you for this internship?
- What do you hope to gain through this internship?
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.