Netflix Sustainability serves to bring Netflix’s carbon footprint to net-zero by 2022, raise awareness through our film and television content, and engage our millions of members on climate & environmental change. See our film and all the details at sustainability.netflix.com.
• Deliver on a science-driven but realistic public Scope 3 target
• Enhance vendor data collection & systems
• Advise on improving public understanding of the carbon footprint of streaming
• Bring recently acquired or new businesses in line with public climate target
• Act as the subject matter expert for Financial Reporting teams on investor- and government-required disclosures
• Expertise in ”supply chain,” ”scope 3,” ”cloud sustainability,” and ”digital sustainability”
• Experience at a major consulting firm and/or specialized sustainability consulting firm (e.g. BSR, South Pole, Big 4 Consulting firms, Big 3 Consulting Firms)
• One or more of the following capabilities/focus areas within scope 3 and value chain:
• Supplier engagement (relevant across all scope 3)
• Scope 4 digital services footprint
• Physical goods supply chain and decarbonization (relevant to Consumer Products scope 4, as well as some Productions scope 3)
• Have experience in GHG accounting / standard setting/reporting
• BA or MA/MS degree in relevant fields (environmental science, engineering, policy, etc.)
• 5+ years experience in ESG or sustainability fields
• Candidates are required to be highly organized and have a proven track record of managing high volumes of competing demands and have the ability to shift priorities quickly, project/program management experience is required.
• Strong written & verbal communication skills are essential, and experience writing for external communications is a plus.
• The successful candidate will have the ability to communicate clearly and accurately, thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment, and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
• Netflix is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. Candidates must be motivated, disciplined, and able to work effectively autonomously and understand when to ask necessary questions.