Sales Execution Team (SET)
The Business Operations Intern works with 2 insurance specialists in the Sales Executive Team (SET) that provide sales support to financial advisors. SET creates insurance proposals that financial advisors share with their clients. SET also provides administrative support during the underwriting process for insurance policies. The Intern must be detail oriented and enjoy working with people to meet our department’s needs.
The Academic Internship Program at Northwestern Mutual enables you to work with seasoned professionals on real-world, challenging projects in a corporate setting. You will gain hands-on experience with business operations and acquire valuable skills in your area of interest. Part-time and full-time career opportunities are available for eligible interns.
- Leverage technologies such as to update client information
- E-file financial documents into online database
- Prep client facing literature and documents on behalf of financial advisor
- Additional administrative tasks, as required
- Willing to commit 6-month to internship program
- Must be able to work a minimum of 16 hours/week on a 2-3 day/week schedule
- Have strong interest in Insurance or Financial Services
- Currently pursuing bachelor’s degree
- Must enroll in an internship course at university
- Highly focused and highly motivated
- Must have strong communication skills and professionalism
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.