Northwestern Mutual Los Angeles is a Fortune 100 Company with expertise in helping clients achieve financial security. As the organization continues to be one of the fastest growing and top performing offices within the enterprise, we are seeking a motivated Human Resources (HR) Intern to join the team.
The HR Intern is responsible for recruitment, hiring, and on-boarding of office interns. This intern will report to the HR Manager and will assist with the recruiting process, coordinate training, generate development reports, benefits administration, and other general HR projects. Human Resources Intern must enjoy working with people and have superior integrity to meet our department’s needs. Academic credit available for this position upon enrolling in an internship class.
The Academic Internship Program at Northwestern Mutual enables you to work with seasoned professionals on real-world, challenging projects in a corporate setting. You will gain hands-on experience with business operations and acquire valuable skills in your area of interest. Part-time and full-time career opportunities are available for eligible interns.
- Assess hiring needs for the Academic Internship Program
- Create job descriptions and manage applicant process in universities’ career sites
- Screen resumes and cover letters and sort candidates
- Conduct phone & face-to-face interviews
- Manage employee records and HR files
- Coordinate training and development sessions
- Assist with ad hoc projects like development reporting and research employee engagement initiatives
- Additional administrative tasks as required
· Currently pursuing bachelor’s degree and will enroll in an internship course at university
· Must be able to work at least 12 hours/week on a 2-3 day/week schedule
· Passionate and enthusiastic about Human Resources
· Strong communication skills and professionalism
· Proficient in Microsoft Suite
About Northwestern Mutual
Northwestern Mutual enjoys a rich heritage as a provider of financial planning services. With over 160 years of experience, our growing firm has worked diligently to help people achieve their goals and dreams for financial growth and security.
Our Downtown Los Angeles office has been named one of the “Best Places to Work in Los Angeles" by the Los Angeles Business Journal.
Training Magazine ranked Northwestern Mutual in the top 125 list, recognizing the company's excellence in training and development.
Northwestern Mutual’s Financial Representative Internship Program was named a “Top Ten Internship” for 20 straight years, according to Vault Guide to Internships.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.