The Northwestern Mutual Santa Monica office is seeking talented, hungry and driven interns for our Summer 2021 Class!
Northwestern Mutual is the only company to be recognized as a top 100 internship program on Vault.com for 24 straight years. Plus, in 2020 Vault ranked us #5 within the financial services industry as well as top 10 for overall career development.
Why NM Santa Monica?
Learn from the best. Our Managing Director, Devin Salinas, who was a Top 20 intern in the US, knows that leaders and raw talent comes from our internship program.
Don’t get lost in the shuffle. We bring on the best of the best to be a part of the select group that we choose to invest in, coach and mentor.
Full-time Opportunities. We hire 1 in 3 interns that come through our program!
Be heard. We want you to have a seat at the table, and as part of an organization that is growing and nimble you will have that unique opportunity.
· Representatives help clients achieve and maintain financial security by providing financial advice, tools and recommendations as well as matching solutions for the client’s needs and goals.
· Provide compelling solutions in the areas of retirement planning, insurance and investment services, estate planning, business planning, education funding, and employee benefits.
· Start to build your own practice under the support of our executive team
· Build and maintain your unique client base, keep current client financial plans up-to-date and build a portfolio of new clients on an ongoing basis.
· Provide dedicated and focused client experiences within a value- and integrity-focused company.
· Learn about a career that not only provides incredible performance-based income potential but has a real life impact on clients for generations to come.
Why chose this internship?
· Have a Top 10 Internship on your resume
· Flexibility with your school schedule
· Earn Regional and National awards and recognition
· Receive the seam training as full-time advisors
· Earn the same commission as full-time advisors
· Receive individual mentorship from the Managing Director and our College Unit Director
· Get accredited licenses
Some of our accolades include:
· Fortune 100 Company
· Vault Guide to Internships: America’s Top Ten Internships (23 Consecutive Years)
· Named one of the “50 Best Companies to Sell For” by Selling Power Magazine
· Named one of the “50 Best Places to Launch a Career” by BusinessWeek Magazine
· Number one “World’s Most Admired” company by Fortune Magazine for over 25 years
· Top 10 independent broker-dealer
Competitive compensation and benefits program including:
· Training Stipends
· Performance Bonuses
· Unlimited Commission Potential
· Leadership Opportunities
· Full-time Opportunities upon graduation
· NM Sponsorship of Licensing/Credentialing
*Remote option pending COVID-19 recommended guidelines