Oliver Wyman provides customized actuarial services and strategic insight, supporting clients as they strive to exceed their business objectives. Our exceptional client and employee retention exemplifies our commitment to relationships built on trust, responsiveness and clear communication.
The Actuarial Practice of Oliver Wyman is an operating division of the Oliver Wyman Group, a member of the Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC), the foremost employer of actuaries in the world. Our property and casualty practice has assisted insurance companies, self-insured corporations, government entities and other organizations with all aspects of managing property and casualty insurance exposures since 1986. Oliver Wyman was recognized by Fortune as one of the 100 Best Companies to work for in 2019.
Oliver Wyman uses mathematical and statistical modeling skills and our qualitative assessment methodologies to assist our clients in evaluating and addressing risk. Our solutions help clients to manage and prepare for the potential financial consequences of uncertain future events.
Oliver Wyman provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including an Actuarial Study Program. Explore all the benefits offered at www.connect.mmc.com
The Oliver Wyman office in Los Angeles, CA is currently seeking an entry-level actuarial analyst to support our growing property & casualty actuarial consulting practice. This position requires the candidate to work as part of a team of actuaries to independently analyze complex problems and develop workable solutions.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Assist in actuarial studies including loss projections, accrual/reserve studies, risk retention analyses, and pricing of insurance coverages
· Compilation and verification of data
· Setting up spreadsheets
· Apply complex mathematical theories and principals to create statistical models
· Formulate exhibits and text to present findings in formal written reports
· Prepare marketing/sales/client presentations
· Assist in the preparation of proposals
· BA/BS degree in actuarial science, mathematics, statistics, economics, finance, business or related field
· At least 1 actuarial exam
· Commitment to achieving FCAS designation
· Superior analytical and mathematical skills
· Strong statistical modeling and knowledge
· Organized with an ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
· Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communications skills.
· Capacity to work in an entrepreneurial manner within a team environment
· Strong command of Microsoft Excel or similar program
Experience with R, SAS, Microsoft Access, Word and PowerPoint as well as @Risk Microsoft Excel add-in is a plus
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.