Non-Profit foundation in Irvine, CA committed to ZERO preventable patient deaths, is seeking an Office and Accounting Manager. The position is comprised of accounting and administrative support functions. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the ideal candidate must have knowledge of Foundation accounting and strong excel skills. The position is responsible for the day-to-day administrative operations of the office ensuring efficient and effective operations and management of our external accounting firm.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the position has primary working relationships with the Chairman, CEO, Chief Development Officer, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Clinical Officer within the organization. Outside the Foundation, the position coordinates with key consultants, contractors and vendors as it relates to operations and accounting.
KEY FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to the mission statement and execute the vision for the Foundation as determined by the Board of Directors
- Co-ordinate with external accounting firm on day to day accounting transactions including processing income, expenses, and bank deposits
- Review monthly financial statements for accuracy and completeness
- Manage Financial Audit and oversee Tax Return preparation
- Prepare financial statements and various schedules in connection with the annual Financial Audit and for the Foundation’s IRS Tax Return (990)
- Review final Tax Return for completeness and accuracy
- Assists with the preparation of the annual budget and prepares variance to actuals analyses
- Prepare outgoing orders for material purchases, ticket sales for events
- Manage the office to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally and maintain a professional image
- Schedule meetings in conference rooms
- Maintain office equipment including computers, copier, fax, telephones, etc.
- Maintain and replenish inventory and office supplies
- Assist with preparing documents for Board meetings, training and other meetings
- Assist with securing locations for conferences, training and special events
- Coordinate meals for in-person meetings and training
- Assist with coordinating volunteers and vendors for conferences and special events
- Keep the office clean and tidy – organize supplies, file paperwork, etc.
- Present a positive/professional image reflective of the Patient Safety Movement Foundation
- Participate and support events as required
- Assist the CEO, Board, and other staff with miscellaneous projects as requested
MINIMUM & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be Mac literate
- Knowledge of QuickBooks On Line, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and experience working in Google Drive.
- Knowledge of foundation bookkeeping and general accounting principles
- 2+ years experience in bookkeeping and office management or equivalent position with similar responsibilities described above
- Bilingual (Spanish) helpful
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, and rigorous attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a face-paced environment with changing priorities, while maintaining professionalism and strong rapport with team members and suppliers.
- High level of professionalism and integrity
- Ability to work independently
- College degree desired
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
This position primarily works outside of a traditional office environment, making frequent contact with partners on a daily basis. It requires frequent sitting, standing, walking and lifting (must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds). Daily use of a computer and other computing and digital devices is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings or walking in the facilities. Must be able to travel extensively (both domestically and internationally), so the ability to operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid Driver’s license is required.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page