Paul Hastings is a leading international law firm that provides innovative legal solutions to many of the world’s top financial institutions and Fortune Global 500 companies. With a strong presence throughout Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the U.S., we have the global reach and extensive capabilities to provide personalized service wherever our clients’ needs take us. As one of the world’s leading law firms, we seek dynamic individuals who share our commitment to service, innovation, and professional growth.
Our Los Angeles office has an opening for a Payroll Coordinator.
The Payroll Coordinator provides transactional support for payroll and timekeeping. This position will report to the Payroll Manager.
In this capacity, the Payroll Coordinator will:
- Input payroll and time data including tax, direct deposit, overtime and pay information;
- Monitor workflow for payroll action items including hires, terminations and adjustments;
- Help process payroll and associated materials such as direct deposit forms and tax forms; Distribute and prepare checks;
- Build and run fundamental reports and queries;
- Research and respond to employee payroll and timekeeping inquiries; Resolve transactional issues;
- Work overtime as required; and
- Handle additional related projects as assigned.
- High school diploma (required); Associates degree (preferred); Bachelor’s degree (preferred);
- At least 1 year of payroll experience;
- At least 1 year of experience in a high-volume processing team (preferred);
- At least 1 year of experience in a legal or professional service environment (preferred);
- Fundamental knowledge of payroll regulations and best practices;
- Fundamental proficiency in payroll applications and related reporting tools (ADP Payforce);
- Fundamental proficiency in electronic timekeeping systems (eTIME);
- Fundamental proficiency in MS-Excel and spreadsheet/database applications;
- Fundamental proficiency in MS Outlook and email/web-based conference call/web-sharing applications;
- Fundamental proficiency in MS Word and related document editing applications;
- Fundamental proficiency in executing customer service skills and principles; and
- Fundamental proficiency in the operation of office equipment, such as copiers, scanners.
Paul Hastings LLP is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Pursuant to local ordinances, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.