We have an opening for an Intern, Business Development (Research). This is a part-time position with flexible location and working hours.
The Intern will work with the Research Supervisor to provide dedicated business development research support for the firm.
In this capacity, the Intern will:
- Assist with the execution of business development research and analysis requests from across the Americas, Asia, and Europe;
- Compile business and news research on current and potential clients using tools such as Lexis, CapitalIQ, Lex Machina and D&B Hoovers/One Source;
- Research and prepare biographies of current and potential clients;
- Conduct initial investigative research for potential litigation matters;
- Analyze court dockets for data used in pitches and proposals;
- Conduct initial evaluations of new research tools, technologies, and offerings; and
- Complete additional related projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Emphasis in research, law or business preferred); MLS/MLIS, JD or MBA (preferred);
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Research skills and proficiency in legal and business research resources and databases employed by global law firms;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects;
- Highly resourceful team player, with the ability to drive results with minimal direction; and
- Strong client service.
Paul Hastings LLP is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Pursuant to local ordinances, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.