Assistant Editor (Adobe Premiere Pro)
Location: Culver City, CA
A new kind of studio, pocket.watch is fresh, fast and exuberant — combining the vitality of today’s digital grassroots with the enduring power of classic, epic storytelling. It’s for small-screen video and big-screen blockbusters, apps, toys, and everything else kids love. A daring outlet for creators and visionaries, pocket.watch strives to bring kids and families more of what they love from the digital world. Founded in 2017 and based in Culver City, the pocket.watch team features studio veterans and visionaries from traditional and digital entertainment. Investors include Viacom, Greycroft and United Talent Agency (UTA), as well as notable individuals including Robert Downey Jr. and Jon Landau (Producer, Avatar and Titanic).
Pocket.watch is currently seeking an enthusiastic Assistant Editor. The ideal candidate has 2-3 years of Adobe Premiere Pro assistant editor experience, enjoys children’s programming, and has a great understanding of Adobe Creative Cloud technical troubleshooting. This is an excellent opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a trailblazing entertainment company and work with top industry executives.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: Due to COVID-19, pocket.watch has temporarily transitioned to a work-from-home model. As a result, all interviewing and hiring will be done remotely. This role is expected to begin as a remote position and will transition to an in-office position when our business offices reopen.
- Maintain media vault, including file organization, asset management, and backups.
- Provide support for editors, including project and asset preparation, media ingesting, assembly, asset relinking, exporting and uploading of cuts, plus technical troubleshooting.
- Maintain ongoing communication with production, partnerships, and other internal teams to aid in the planning and delivery of projects.
- Perform occasional light editing work.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience
- 2-3 years of relevant experience required; on-the-job experience preferred.
- Understanding of codecs, raw video files, exporting, transcoding, and compression techniques.
- Familiarity with Slack, Asana, and Google Drive is a plus.
- Extremely efficient in Adobe Creative Cloud, primarily Premiere Pro and Media Encoder, with familiarity and ability to navigate After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Audition.
- Organized, dependable, knowledgeable, and detail oriented.
- Eager to learn new skills, tools, and techniques.
- Able to work collaboratively within a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Due to COVID-19, this will begin as a remote position and the worker may choose the environment in which the work is performed. Upon reopening off our offices, this position will be on-site, and the worker will not be substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions and work will be performed in a business office environment.
- Must have close visual acuity to perform the primary responsibilities of this position.
- Work is sedentary in nature and involves sitting most of the time.
- Must have good physical dexterity and the ability to constantly operate a computer, mouse, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Direct applicants only, please.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.