Virtual STEM teachers lead groups of 15-20 girls through STEM activities on Zoom every Wednesday from 3:30-5:30pm. Teachers bring STEM to life for girls using methods that engage and excite them. STEM Teachers provide leadership, mentorship and instructional coaching for students from varying grade levels. Although curriculum is provided, STEM Teachers are expected to bring the curriculum to life by adding their own unique backgrounds and resources to inspire their students to take risks, see their failure as key for innovation, develop growth mindset and grit, and encourage exploration and discovery through the sciences.
Locations and time commitment:
– REMOTE POSITION
– January 2021 – May 2021
– Wednesday afternoons/evenings from 3:30-5:30 pm (depending on timezone)
– There are three cohorts, East Coast, Midwest, and West Coast
– There is an option to work at multiple cohorts. Please note if you would be interested in this option.
– Credentialed teacher or college graduate/student in the education field
– Experience working with K-8th grade children; STEM education experience is a plus.
– Demonstrated leadership experience; demonstrating integrity, sound judgment, self-confidence, maturity and a sense of perspective.
To apply for the STEM Teacher role, please email your resume to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed and qualified candidates will move forward with a phone or virtual interview.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.