Rogers & Cowan has an immediate opening for a marketing manager within our marketing department. This group handles national marketing for a wide variety of accounts across entertainment and consumer products. Expertise in digital is required but so is an understanding of truly integrated marketing. This is not a publicity position; this is an account management and execution position in the marketing department. Our award-winning digital department is at the forefront of marketing and innovation; our team is entrepreneurial and nimble; we are fun, experienced, and fresh. Candidates in both New York and Los Angeles will be considered.
The Marketing Manager will work across a wide variety of accounts from consumer products to fashion to lifestyle and entertainment, working closely with the department Senior Vice President and staff on all accounts. The candidate must have expert skills in communication, writing, grammar, graphic design and a passion for branding, social media, marketing, and digital communication. You must have a deep experience in both digital marketing and traditional marketing. You must be equal parts analytical, creative, and entrepreneurial. This is a position, and a team, to grow with.
Working for our marketing team is not just about what you know and what you can do, it’s also who you are as a leader and a person. You should be a self-starter, and someone who is entrepreneurial and not afraid to work hard. You should be able to manage down to a large team and across to other senior leaders, and up to your department head. You should know how to work as a team, collaboratively, and be able to empower others to do make the right decisions and execute your vision. You should not be a micromanager; by contrast, you should trust others to deliver while also monitoring and guiding their success. You should be professional and put together, and understand how to balance accountability, warmth, firm direction, and friendliness. You should have a healthy work-life balance and be a nice person. Yes, we value both those things. This isn’t old Hollywood, and we aren’t either. At Rogers & Cowan marketing, you are expected to be a good person, a good leader, and a good worker.
Working in collaboration with the team, you will directly execute holistic campaigns with a particular emphasis on digital, participate in team creative sessions, utilize all digital and social media outlets, lead copy, brand and voice generation, and manage clients directly. You will be a middle bench leader of the team, and an important one, focused jointly on leading and executing, while also participating in strategy. You need to be able to take direction, communicate, manage deadlines, and write. You need to be able to lead accounts on your own with minimal supervision by department leadership, as well as supervise other junior team members. You need to have an understanding of digital media and digital advertising, and be a detailed manager, able to lead others and manage tight turnarounds while digesting disparate content voices. This is an all-around position that requires all around skills. Our team will help train you with other skills you need to know: skills and the ability to learn are the most important pieces.
- Four-year college degree, with 4-6 years post-college experience in digital and/or marketing and advertising.
- You must understand how digital advertising works and what looks good and works for consumers. You must understand what consumers want to see and engage with.
- Deep knowledge of pop culture trends and every social media outlet—not just how they work, but their opportunities, shortcomings, and ways to get around their shortcomings.
- Essential skills include ability to work as a member of a team; attention to detail; ability to take direction and execution; impeccable writing skills, spelling, and grammar; creative mind and ideas; willingness to speak up; and ability to manage deadlines, be very proactive, and communicate.
- Independent management of medium and small client work with no supervision, and management of subject matter expertise on larger clients under supervision of senior staff. Seamless delivery against deadlines, deliverables with client communications.
- Composing client agendas and overall direction, and management of process, procedure, and staff to execute that direction, with little to no supervision and but under the direction of senior staff.
- Detailed understanding and familiarity of areas outside your subject matter areas of expertise, in order to participate in larger marketing campaigns.
- Detailed and consistent creative campaign planning, including sourcing campaign components, and executing them in all areas with effective and seamless work under the supervision of senior staff.
- Competent and coherent management of assistants and associates to further team and client objectives, including providing clear communication and direction, strong and powerful leadership, and ability to take direction and implement.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, diverse workload, and tight deadlines; ability to determine production requirements by reviewing creative briefs and considering scheduling factors.
- Ability to stay organized and be responsible for your own time management when meeting project deadlines.
- Interest in human behavior; what propels certain audiences to engage, purchase, attend, etc.
- Creative thinking and new ideas – we want someone who will proactively share their opinions and thoughts, who can help build brands, and participate in team brainstorms, strategy, and ideation
- Willingness to work off hours, weekends, or holidays on occasion.
- Outgoing personality with passion, drive, and ambition.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Rogers & Cowan is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.