Roux is seeking responsible, self-sufficient, energetic entry-level engineers to work on projects related to the investigation and environmental remediation of industrial and commercial sites. Candidates should be prepared for professional growth into areas such as assessment of remedial alternatives, management of various investigative and engineering tasks, conceptual plans, and regulatory interaction. The ideal candidate will be motivated to develop and build their personal knowledge and skills to assist with the growth and success of the office. Excellent teamwork and organizational skills are required. We offer a friendly, professional atmosphere with excellent benefits and a salary commensurate with experience.
- 60% to 80% field work during first two years
- Support the office project work and collaborate with the Office Manager and staff to service clients and complete projects on time and on budget
- Assistance with site investigation, analysis and report preparation activities
- Assistance with site remediation system operations and maintenance activities
- Environmental sampling of soil, soil vapor, and groundwater
- Health and safety monitoring
- Design and construction inspection of remediation processes and systems
- Evaluation and optimization of existing remediation systems
- Oversight of remediation and construction subcontractors
- Review of field data and preparation of data evaluation reports
- Assist with cost estimating, report preparation and task management as required by the project manager
- Perform and check engineering calculations
- Prepare engineering drawings, specifications and scopes of work for construction
- Bachelor’s required; Master’s preferred
- Environmental, Civil, or Chemical Engineering
Desired Job Experience
- 0-3 years environmental consulting experience
- Previous sampling experience
- Familiarity with remediation equipment, processes and maintenance
- Motivated to produce quality work on budget and on schedule
- Strong written and verbal communication with technical writing experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access
- Experience with databases and GIS preferred
- Valid driver's license (no DUI/DWIs)
- FE/EIT registration preferred
- OSHA HAZWOPER 40 hour training. Note: Roux will arrange for and pay for required training including 40-hour HAZWOPER (Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response) training per 29 CFR 1910.120.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Veterans / Disabled
Roux is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status; and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.