This position is open until filled with first review of applicants to take place on November 20th.
This is an academic appointment intended to cover student employees who are currently enrolled at San Diego State University. This position is a half-time appointment, paid hourly for hours worked not to exceed 20-hours per week.
Under general direction of the Director of Marketing, this position provides design support to the Marketing Department at SDSU Global Campus. This position carries a medium level of responsibility with regard to the information available to him/her; therefore, the candidate’s success is contingent upon his/her ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, integrity and confidentiality at all times.
The Student Assistant is responsible for independently performing numerous and varied day-to-day project activities:
DESIGN SUPPORT (95%)
The Graphic Design Student Assistant will assist with the design, development, and updating of marketing and advertising pieces including ads, brochures, flyer, social media posts, website graphics, and other projects as assigned. This position will also assist the design team in maintenance and organization of college photos. We would also like this individual to assist with photography needs of the college. Should be familiar with the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign). Video editing experience welcome, but not necessary. Ability to work well with a wide variety of individuals at all levels of interests and responsibilities, and to work both independently and as a member of the team. This is a fast-paced environment; you will have a variety of products for your portfolio at the end of this assignment.
ALL OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED (5%)
Students must be currently enrolled as a student at SDSU. Undergraduate students must be enrolled in at least 6 units and be in good academic standing; Graduate students must be enrolled in at least 5 graduate weighted units and be in good academic standing.
Knowledge & Abilities Required:
- Knowledge and abilities required vary based on the particular area, specialty, expertise and the skills needed to achieve objectives
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Must be a student currently enrolled at San Diego State University
- Education is based on the particular knowledge, ability or expertise needed
- Experience focusing on the particular area or specialty for which the service is required
- Video editing and experience creating short videos for social media welcome, but not necessary
- Equivalent to two years of responsible office experience, which provides the above knowledge and abilities
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with SDSU Research Foundation
San Diego State University Research Foundation is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
• Equivalent to two years of responsible office experience, which provides the above knowledge and abilities.
• Video editing and experience creating short videos for social media welcome, but not necessary.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.