SOCAPA, School of Creative and Performing Arts, is one of the premier visual and performing arts programs for young people in the world, SOCAPA offers teen summer programs in Filmmaking, Acting, Dance, Photography, and Music. SOCAPA is seeking a highly motivated Program Coordinator for its Los Angeles campus during the summer of 2019.
The Program Coordinator lives in the dorms and assists the Campus Director, Creative Director, and Resident Director with the day-to-day operations of the camp. The Program Coordinator maintains the office, oversees daily medicine disbursements, correspondence with parents and vendors, staff schedules, room reservations, tickets, facility requests, meal cards, and much more. Perfect job for someone with a passion for the arts, administrative expertise, and the desire (or previous experience) to lead a positive, fun residential community!
- Attend pre-summer training sessions coordinated by the Campus Director & Creative Director in regards to SOCAPA procedures, computer systems, and bookkeeping (may include light email and phone correspondence with parents)
- Be familiar with the daily schedule of programs, class curriculum, and projects
- Maintain regular office hours in rotation with the Resident Director
- Oversee the daily schedule of SOCAPA staff and support them however needed
- Manage the purchase of tickets for special events and weekend activities
- Book performance studios, rehearsal spaces, and shoot locations
- Handle the logistics of meals: projected student numbers, dietary needs, ordering meals for special event
- Along with the help of the Resident Director, maintain a detailed log of camp expenses, including: receipts, written checks, petty cash disbursements, credit card charges, and charges/debits to student accounts
- Coordinate student travel and staff supervision for combined campus events and showcase days
- Oversee the coordination of airport pickups and drop-offs
- Assist Resident Director with logistics for check in and check out days each session
- Manage the program office, keep it organized, and order more supplies as needed
- Ensure parent emails and phone calls are being promptly answered
- Ensure consistent and accurate record keeping, in particular the daily medical log and disciplinary log
- Work closely with the Campus Director, Creative Director, and Resident Director, as needed, to coordinate the overall flow of camp
- Maintain a friendly and efficient working relationship with our host campus
- College degree or in pursuit of a degree
- Have an interest and passion for the arts and the value of an arts education
- Extremely well organized and detail oriented
- Have excellent time management and the ability to work independently
- Quick on your feet, able to adapt to problems that arise, and calm under pressure
- Computer skills, preferably Mac, and knowledge of Excel & Google Docs are a must
- The ability to multitask while not letting important tasks get lost in the day-to-day
- Energetic, caring, and serve as a good role model at all times
- Must be excellent at planning large and small events
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to learn/ask questions
- Great customer service skills, professional phone and email demeanor, and a general positive attitude
- Excellent at thinking ahead and anticipating problems before they arrive
- Willing to live on campus for 8-weeks during the summer
- Have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Advanced First Aid and CPR Pro certifications a plus
On-Site Position dates: June 13th - August 10th 2019
Some additional training and preparation leading up to the start of camp may be required.
Salary is based on qualifications and experience, room and board provided.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.