design venture intern
Share Ventures (“Share”) is a venture “studio” – meaning we both invent and invest from the ground up. We are a venture firm that builds companies. We think big, experiment broadly, operate efficiently, wear multiple hats, and get things done.
What you’ll do
As a venture intern at Share, you will be part of a group taking on one or more of:
UI/UX Design: you can design engaging, responsive web experiences that both unleashes creativity and drives the user to desired actions
Graphic Designer: you can produce uniquely branded infographics, collateral, keynotes, and other assets to communicate with stakeholders (consumers, investors, partners)
Design Strategy / Research: you’re skilled in design thinking and can thoroughly research and synthesize the voice of the end consumer
- A high degree of responsibility and autonomy – your work will be portfolio quality and potentially play a part in our public facing companies
- Intimate access to learn from seasoned entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, and our advisors via regular panel talks, office visits, a final showcase, and Share Ventures activities
- Opportunity to build a network of talented, entrepreneurial peers across SoCal universities and the broader tech community
- Priority employment opportunities for top interns
What you have
- You’re hungry, smart, talented, and collaborative
- You execute with speed, high standards, and contribute new ways of thinking
- You can show some historical work or school product relevant to the role
- You can be trusted with highly confidential information and act discreetly
- You have a passion for working on the exploration, experimentation, development, launch, and scaling of early stage ventures.
- You are comfortable with extremely high rates of change
- You have an attitude that “No task is too big or too small”
- You have experience with Figma (or similar), Adobe Suite, Keynote
- Ideally available 5-20 hours/week.
What captures our attention
- previous startup experience
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.