We are looking to expand our team of photographers that exemplify our brand.
We want professional photographers who are charismatic, passionate, & eager to shoot and grow in their craft. We provide you bookings, you provide our clients a great experience and high-quality photos!
The sessions are 30 minutes long, shot outdoors using natural light, and require a 48 hour turnaround on the images. Schedules are flexible so you can build sessions around your other commitments.
Photographers must be able to photograph all types of portraiture. Once you join the team, feedback and development are ongoing – we want to encourage and support your growth!
- You must own your own professional-grade DSLR camera
- It is strongly preferred that you own the following lenses: 70-200mm f:2.8, 24-70mm f:2.8, or 35mm; however, a 50mm or a 85mm may be acceptable depending on the amount of variety you can capture with those lenses
- You must be located in one of our service regions and if necessary, provide your own transportation
- A solid portfolio of work is required to be considered. We strongly prefer a solid portfolio in family photography and weddings.
- You need to be able to compose a shot and understand framing, color, and natural light to create a visually pleasing photograph
- You must have an eye on everything before, during and after the shot. Attention to detail is vital.
- You will be shooting portraits that are more lifestyle and street-style in vibe; we only use natural light, and you enjoy the challenge of capturing a significant variety of images in just 30 minutes
- You must possess a basic understanding on how to pose both men and women. You will also be working with families, children, couples, groups, pets, etc.
- You must show initiative and ownership in the session.
- Your ability to provide direction and make clients comfortable are key to providing a great Shoott experience. You must be friendly, patient, be great listeners, and also be able to provide clear, consistent direction to all different client personalities and body types to get great shots. You preferably enjoy people and like bringing out their unique personalities
- You must possess the ability to read and successfully follow instructions and work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- You must respond to emails and texts in a timely manner and you understand the importance of managing the expectations of our team and clients by communicating effectively
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.