As an Associate Engineer - Post Grad, you will be responsible for working on creative solutions to real aerospace challenges. This is not an ordinary “internship” – you will be given as much responsibility as our full-time engineers and will be an integral part of the team. If you’ve demonstrated a commitment to academic success and motivation to apply your knowledge outside of the classroom, you are a great candidate!
Associate Engineer positions are available with a variety of engineering teams across the company including design, manufacturing and operations at Cape Canaveral, FL; Hawthorne (Los Angeles), CA; Irvine, CA; McGregor (Waco), TX; and Redmond (Seattle), WA.
- Completed a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university or college within the past 6 months by start of employment or currently enrolled in a graduate program
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Application of technical skills outside of the classroom (examples: laboratory, research, extracurricular project teams, volunteering, personal projects or prior internship/work experience)
- Strong interpersonal skills (examples: leading a student organization or working successfully in teams)
- GPA of 3.5 or above
- Must be able to work full time for a minimum of 12 consecutive weeks beginning in January/March 2020
- Associate Engineers at Cape Canaveral and McGregor locations must be able to provide own transportation
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Spring deadline: 11/15/19
Summer deadline: 04/01/20
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page. Career Services always advises that you check out the company website.