Notice for Internship with Starburst Accelerator in Los Angeles
Ever wonder what it takes to be the next Elon Musk? Tired of the same management consulting job profile? Interested in working with the next major technology in space and unmanned aerial systems? Want to change the way aviation works? After a successful 2013 launch in Europe, we decided in 2015 to open an office in Los Angeles and bring together a startup community dedicated to aerospace here in the US.
Work with leaders and role models from NASA, the most well-regarded names in the industry including Boeing, GE, Raytheon, Northrop, Booz and more. Get involved with the boldest venture capital investors and help us grow the next SpaceX and Virgin Galactic!
Who are we?
Starburst offers startups business development, mentoring, and procurement success through a variety of startup accelerator programs ranging from early to late stage. We work closely with industry to promote a more inventive pick of suppliers to work with by accelerating the purchasing process and introducing new technologies that demonstrate value in the aerospace supply chain.
What will you be doing?
Think of it as a cross of McKinsey project delivery, Google strategic analysis, Y-Combinator networking, Boeing supply chain and NASA program support.
Help manage and develop the accelerator program:
- Scouting, sourcing and identifying potential startups to join the Starburst community;
- Prepare and manage startup one pagers and presentations for presenting to Supervisors;
- Interface and coordinate with startup candidates, management of applications, and selection;
- Support with logistics for selection committees, matchmaking, office space, etc.;
- Supporting Supervisors with various tasks and activities
Keywords: Corporate Strategy, Business Development, Venture Capital, Tech Transfer, Startup Ecosystems
- Graduated from a well-ranked business or engineering school
- A futurist and familiar with the ecosystem of startups
- A team player but capable of working independently and at odd hours
Do you have:
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, resourcefulness and motivation to work in a small team and an innovative universe
- Knowledge of the aerospace industry is a plus
- Experience in project or event management is a plus
Where sort of work can I be doing in a few years time?
- Join a venture fund, steer investments into emerging aerospace technology
- Manage a corporate development fund and help shape business strategy in a major business
- Start your own business or join a startup, teaming up with some of the brightest minds
Location: El Segundo, CA (Remote during COVID-19)
Beginning of internship: Immediate openings for Mid August 2020. Ongoing internship program all year round, please indicate your preferred start and end date.
Duration: 3+ months temporary with potential for full time employment
More on our site: https://starburst.aero/
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Internship
Salary: $2,100.00 /month
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.