Stevens LC is a boutique civil litigation law firm specializing in complex civil litigation and class and representative matters. The firm has an immediate opening for a Full Time or Part-Time Paralegal. Remote work is acceptable and healthy lifestyle is encouraged.
The successful candidate will work directly with our attorneys to prepare cases for trial, collect and examine facts, and will be responsible for maintaining case files.
Skills and Responsibilities
- Proficient in filing and serving pleadings, motions and discovery in California state and federal court
- Prepare and serve third party subpoenas
- Prepare and file motions to seal
- Research, collect, examine, and organize facts and evidence and other legal documents for attorney review and case preparation
- Schedule court hearings
- Calendar all dates with use of calendaring software
- Ensure compliance with all pre-trial deadlines and requirements as set forth in the California Rules of Court, Code of Civil Procedure, and Local Rules for the Superior Courts.
- General administrative assistance
Qualifications for Paralegal
- Paralegal Certificate
- 1-2 years of experience preferred
- Knowledge of California Civil Procedure and Local Court Rules
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
Compensation & Benefits
- $29-35 hourly
- Year-end bonus
- Health Insurance (TBD)
Stevens LC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.