Growing financial planning team is seeking a candidate for a professional development program. Program graduates will transition to the role of Lead Advisor, where they will ultimately be responsible for retaining, servicing and growing a group of existing clients. The firm will provide training on financial planning, client communication and service standards, navigating the sales cycle, and the creation and utilization of sales and marketing materials, as well as ongoing career development support.
The ideal candidate will have general financial planning knowledge (CFP preferred), a willingness to contribute to the team beyond specifically assigned duties, a desire to improve their financial planning and client communication skills, and an excitement about firm growth. Selected candidates will experience two phases of the program to ensure they are well equipped to begin their career as a Lead Advisor:
Phase I – Financial Planner:
▪ Obtain all required licenses/certifications not already held, including Securities Industry Essentials exam, Series 7, Series 63 or 66, CA Life and Health Insurance, and CFP®.
▪ Analyze client/prospective client data and identify areas of opportunity.
▪ Conduct full review of client investment accounts and insurance assets.
▪ Create and/or monitor financial plans.
▪ Prepare materials for client and prospective client meetings.
▪ Present financial plans and analysis to Advisors and collaborate on client deliverables.
Phase II – Client Service Associate:
▪ Communicate with clients to gather data, answer questions, and provide financial advice.
▪ 1-month rotation on both the Investment Operations and the Insurance Operations teams.
▪ Attend client/prospective client meetings with Advisors; conduct a portion of the meeting.
▪ Update financial plans following reviews.
▪ Deliver case notes to team, clarifying material client data and action items to team.
▪ Conduct client calls to check in and offer to set up annual/mid-year reviews.
▪ Call Level C and D clients to identify and harvest opportunities within the current client base. Depending on experience and the candidate’s rate of development, it is anticipated that the transition to Lead Advisor will begin within 12-28 months after hire.
Lead Advisor – Role and Responsibilities:
▪ Client Retention:
o Primary point of contact for all planning, communication and advice for assigned client base on behalf of firm.
o Directly responsible for client satisfaction with firm and retention of client accounts.
o Publicly represents the firm’s strategic brand.
o Maintains familiarity with industry and economic trends and applies knowledge to client service and relationships.
▪ Client Service:
o Conduct client reviews 1-2x/year.
o Manage and supervise formulation and implementation of risk and investment
strategies consistent with comprehensive financial plan prepared for each client.
o Oversee and direct team regarding all client matters.
o Maintain up-to-date financial planning documents and personal details.
o Maintain knowledge of and show ability to comply with compliance standards.
▪ Client/Asset Acquisition:
o Generate additional revenue on existing client base.
o Generate referrals to new prospective clients.
o Connect to heirs of clients and engage those heirs with firm.
o Build Loyal Client Advocates and produce new clients through those relationships.
▪ Participate in and contribute to firm leadership.
▪ College Degree – major in finance or business preferred
▪ Minimum of 1 year working in investments, financial planning, or insurance (2+ years preferred)
▪ FINRA License - Series 7 & 63 (CA Life and Health preferred)
▪ CFP certificant or CFP candidate preferred
▪ Exceptional communication abilities, both written and verbal
▪ Excellent organizational skills
▪ Works collegially and productively with clients, peers, and other team members
▪ Willingness to give and receive feedback from all members of the team
▪ High level of personal responsibility; takes ownership of and pride in their work
▪ Proactive and resourceful
▪ Follow-up and follow-through mastery
▪ Excellent analytical skills
▪ Advanced knowledge of Excel preferred
▪ Experience with NaviPlan software preferred
▪ Salary range depends on experience
▪ Subsidized health and long-term disability insurance after a 90 day probationary period
▪ 401(k)/Profit Sharing Plan after one year
▪ Additional compensation available for revenue generated by candidate
To inquire, please contact Chris Hall: firstname.lastname@example.org