Team Rubicon (TR) is seeking an Associate, Social Media, to join our hardworking, fun-loving and forward-thinking MarComms team. The right person understands how to build online communities through content and engagement to advance Team Rubicon’s mission to serve those impacted by disasters. You are passionate about social media and are probably the person who shares the best memes before they hit the mainstream. More likely, you’re the one making them.
In this role, you will support the Manager, Social Media across a network of social media channels at the national and territory level. You will be responsible for creating, scheduling, posting, building tracking links, and reporting social content and performance. You will engage volunteers, loyal fans, potential donors, and influencers in a meaningful way and connect new audiences to maximize reach. By being one step ahead of the community and be prepared to provide actionable tactics to benefit the entire organization.
Our culture requires individuals foolish enough to think they can change the world and smart enough to have a chance. Every day is a challenge, but every month brings new opportunities for an organization that is quickly becoming a household name in disaster response. This position reports to TR’s Manager, Social Media and is based out of Los Angeles, CA. Only the most awesome candidates should apply, period.
- Monitor, respond and engage in conversation with our passionate volunteer base and donor community across all social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
- Assist in planning, scheduling, posting, creation and execution of social content campaigns across all channels
- Work closely with the manager of analytics to create tracking links to track, report, develop insights, and identify content that is drives:
- New volunteers to sign up
- Engages existing volunteers
- Engages prospective donors
- Identify new platforms, trends, and content types to inform strategic planning and creative content development
Experience and Background:
- 1-2 years’ experience in social media and community management of a major brand account
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in marketing or communications
- Excellent written and verbal skills with AP Style knowledge a plus – must be highly disciplined in proofreading and ensuring quality of communications
- Experience with social media management and content planning that resulted in tangible audience growth and long-term retention
- Ability to identify and report on all social media KPIs. Additional working knowledge of digital marketing KPIs is a definite plus
- Full-time, salary, exempt
- Professional Competency, Social Media: demonstrates a passion for social media marketing and communications with a track record of career progression in the field.
- Built To Serve: Connects in an authentic way to Team Rubicon’s culture and mission, as demonstrated by empathy for others and a track record of service
- Resilience & Adaptability: Has the ability to successfully navigate a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and solve problems in the face of ambiguity and constant change
- Trust & Respect: Respects inclusiveness, diversity, and maintains the highest standards of professionalism. High openness to feedback; respect for the opinions and differences of others; and a tendency to always assume the positive intent of others
- Collaborates: Shares perspective and seeks out opposing points of view; seeks to be part of a group whose impact is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Tech Savy: Anticipates, experiments with, learns and adopts a broad range of new technologies that enhance organizational outcomes and drive the business forward.
- Quality of work: Freedom from errors and mistakes, and ability to consistently meet objectives.
Perks of the Team:
- Professional development, leadership development and events/conferences
- 100% company-paid health benefits for employees and their dependents
- Matching 401k contributions up to 4%
- Annual 5‐day National Leadership Conference
- Paid time off to volunteer with the non-profit of your choice
- Time off normal work duties to directly support a disaster with Team Rubicon
- Generous vacation and sick time
- Generous holiday schedule (including a paid week off between winter holidays)
- Fully stocked kitchens and frequent catered lunches
- In-office gyms
- Holiday parties
Learn more about Team Rubicon:
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.