Teledyne Technologies Incorporated specializes in providing a broad range of high technology solutions and products to the marketplace. Teledyne Imaging Sensors is an integral member of the Digital Imaging Segment of Teledyne Technologies. Imaging Sensors provides advanced imaging solutions for a variety of customers, including the DoD, NASA, prime system integrators, and commercial customers. In the civilian space arena, Teledyne sensors are the most advanced sensors on board the Hubble space telescope, and they are also found on board the majority of NASA space probes and ground based telescopes. In the DoD arena, Teledyne sensors are integrated into several major systems for persistent surveillance, chemical detection, and target identification, among others.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Semiconductor Process Engineer is a hands-on position for executing and supporting detector processing and integration activities of high performance infrared and visible detector arrays. This position requires working together with the wafer processing team in the cleanroom to sustain productivity, quality and efficiency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The primary duties and responsibilities are as follows. Other duties may be assigned.
- Process integration and wafer fabrication, including wet and dry etching, annealing, ion implantation, photolithography, thin film, metallization, and microscopic inspection, critical measurements and grading.
- Process control and monitoring, SPC data analysis, production yield improvements, new tool qualification, new processes development to address production quality and efficiency.
- Collaboration with engineers in material growth, wafer processing and detector testing to develop and improve material growth structures, detector designs, processing methods, and production capabilities.
- Assurance of all processes to be performed per manufacturing procedures, work instructions and workflow and in compliance with safety, cleanroom procedures and ISO9001/AS9100 quality standards.
- Working with Manufacturing Execution system (MES) for process data recording, reporting and tracking of production activities.
- Ability to work flexible schedule and additional hours as needed.
Qualifications & Competencies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following qualifications and competencies:
- Strong background in semiconductor devices and fabrication. Experiences in II-VI, III-V or Silicon devices and processing are highly desirable.
- Proven experiences with design of experiments, statistical analysis and manufacturing process control.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas to any level of audience.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to details and the ability to work multiple tasks.
- Computer proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) and statistical manufacturing control software.
- Exemplary business ethics and work routine cognizant of safe work practices
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Material Sciences or Chemistry with minimum 5 years of experiences or Master Degree with minimum 3 years of experiences
- Semiconductor process engineering and integration experiences with good understanding of processing techniques, device performance and reliability.
- Training in cleanroom operation and laboratory practices, including ESD training for handling of sensitive semiconductor devices.
Due to the type of work at the facility and certain access restrictions, successful applicants must be a U.S. Citizen.
What can Teledyne offer YOU?
A Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Excellent Health, Dental, Vision
Paid Vacation Time
Paid Sick Time
Life Insurance Benefits
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Educational Tuition Reimbursement
Employee Fun Events throughout the year
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.